Saturday, November 22, 2008

Photo Album from Zane - My Trip Home to LA


Long awaited arrival the the famed "Puppy Truck" in LA.
I'm in there with 150,000 barking puppies!
OK, there were probably about a dozen but it SOUNDED like a lot more.


Ahhhhh . . . I just love women! These are MY girls!!!



Here's Gary calling Richard & Claudia to let them know
I made it back home OK!
Lots of tears were shed at both ends of the line.



I am pooped - doing "frog dog" on the kitchen floor at the Johnpeer's - my LAST new home.


I love my original dad . . . I used to cuddle like this when I was a puppy.
It still feels good and I sure needed a hug.


This is my "brother" Sayer who is going to go
to guide dog school in a few months.
He likes to play tug of war with me with PCV pipe.
I always win!


Aren't we handsome fellows?!


Gary is trying to brush our teeth but we just wanna get
a hold of that tube of chicken flavored toothpaste!


I love my "mom", too - Vickie loves to cuddle me.


We had some REAL excitement and nearly
had to be evacuated from our house - YIKES!


This fire was only one block away -
that's WAY too close for me!


Gary took me back to work out to an oil well.
Feels like old times to be back in a truck!


Golly, I worked sooooo hard and just HAD
to take a nap . . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.


Don't ever forget - I am the one and only original Zane Train!

Keep writing - Gary will keep taking pictures and Richard & Claudia will post them here.

Love to all,

Zane

2 comments:

Princess Coral said...

Zane,

Thanks for sharing your photo album. You and Sayer are looking very handsome! :) Your family looks very nice and caring too! Geez, that fire must have been scary... Glad you are all safe & no damage to the house! I wish to see the picture of your Tuna Fish Caper in the act! I need to study it and figure out how you do so I also can earn the goodies that humans leave on the counter...

Love,
Your Princess

P.S. Good luck to Sayer on his upcoming college life!

Anonymous said...

Princess Coral

Getting extra food is always a challenge. Where did our masters ever get the idea that we can survive on just a cup or two of dry dog food a day? Have you ever met a lab who could fill up on such a small amount of food? (NOT). So here are a few suggestions for pulling off what I call "capers".

First, establish a state of total trust between you and your master. That's the hard part with labs as we somehow have a reputation of getting into trouble. But if you cuddle them and let them pet you and let them rub you between the toes and behind the ears, then you can indeed get their trust, it's just a matter of time. It really helps to exhibit perfect behavior for a few days before the caper is planned. That's hard to do but possible. Believe me, they will soon begin trusting you...humans can't help it.

I've successfully pulled of the famous cantalope caper and tuna fish casserole capers....no problem. As for implementing the caper, well my recommendation is to wait till the room is empty, or until the master(s) are distracted or asleep, so they don't notice what you're doing. Don't forget the children in the house, they can snitch on you if they see what you're doing. Don't waste your effort on a small caper because if you're busted then you're in big trouble anyway. I always wait till a big opportunity presents itself, then I make my move. With Thanksgiving food being prepared tomorrow, I've already made my plans for tomorrows caper. You see, tonite they came home with two (yes TWO) pies tonite and I think they need "taste testing". Even if you're caught, they can only stay mad for a little while....once they see your big brown eyes and your tail between your legs, they usually forgive you and the shock and awe they exhibited at what you did will fade quickly.

Being a lab is sure great. I could never get away with these capers if I were a cat or bird. They're just not smart enough. I hope this helps you and my other canine followers who might read this. And please don't let any humans read this message.

Love,

Sweet, innocent Zane