Sunday, January 25, 2009

Parka honored by Deaver-Phoenix

Good morning fellow canines!

My Dad shared with me last week that we were honored at our graduation from GDB on December 14 by the Deave-Phoenix Foundation. Dad thought it was a Denver-Phoenix group, since he has worked in both areas with his previous Lab, Zane. But it was not.

GDB is a great group to be proud of since they worked so hard to train me, they placed me with the wonderful Limberg family, especially Becki, and they groomed me into a full fledged guide dog rady for prime time. This is an expensive training process as I went through college in about 8 months, which is longer than most. I had some issues to work out and finnaly became the "demo dog" at the graduation prior to mine.

Thank you folks att he Deaver-Phoenix Foundation in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I don't know where that it, but Dad said it is a beautiful sunny place. I'm in Colorado no and we have had some really sunny days too!

Thanks for supporting Guide Dogs for the Blind. They are a first-class organization!

Much love and licks, Parka

No comments: