Sunday, June 21, 2009

Texas Trip yee hah!

Howdy yall,

Well, I kept hearing that a lot so I'm telling ya'll the same thing! That means hello to you non-Texans.

Dad has been so busy, he has not had time to open the Zane Train blog so I can bring everyone up to date on my latest travels. On Thursday, June 11, we flew to Dallas with an unplanned layover in Amarillo. There were lots of thunder storms in Dallas. After a couple of hours that seemed like a day in the small Amarillo airport, we made it safely to Love Field.

We met up with one of our key chapter leaders, James Jennings, and I stayed at his house, while Aaron, Dad and James played 9 holes of golf. Dad said that he played very well and in fact, really like the #4 hybrid that he borrowed from James. (We just bought him one yesterday for Father's Day!)

Dad had a Friday morning conference call with Walmart and then we had lunch with a guy named Tom. Then Aaron and Dad left me at the hotel while they played some golf again. That evening we got to go to Aaron's new home and I got to play with Maya for a while. She's a nice Rottweiler!

We had a DFW Chapter meeting and VisionWalk celebration for the over $131,000 they raised at their May 16 walk. Aaron passed out the Flying Horse awards that Dad dreamed up. See Biscuit went to the top team and Eye O'Silver to the 2nd place team.

We flew to San Antonio in the afternoon and then had dinner in our Holiday Inn hotel room and Dad crashed pretty early from being so tired. Little did he know that I was snoring long before he was. It was almost 100 degrees in the Alamo city!

On Sunday afternoon, we went to Stone Oak Hospital where Aaron and Dad held the San Antonio/Austin chapter meeting and VisionWalk celebration for their great Walk on March 14 where they raised over $120,000! Aaron passed out the Flying Cow awards to the top fund raising teams, El Seemore and Moo Pigmentosa and Seymour Clearlee.

We went to the River Walk that evening for dinner on the river. Aaron and Dad were scooping up lots of chips and salsa and whenever Dad dropped a chip, I scooped it up! I did a great job of keeping Dad out of the river and showed him all the funky steps back to the car.

Dad said that I did extremely well on this trip and gives me an overall grade of A-. He also feels that I am 90% working together as a team. My only issue to be resolved is my desire to "dive" for food while walking through a restaurant. But those scraps are so tempting!

But I'm so cute, you just have to love me, right?

Love, Parka

No comments: